For this post I chose the following prompt:
4.) 10 things you would do if you didn’t have to work.
I chose this because I thought it would be interesting to figure out what I might do since I’m going through a particularly stressful time at work so this could be my nice little daydream. I am going to assume that if I don’t have to work, I must be independently wealthy too. I mean, because obviously.
- OK, I find it a little crazy that my first thought is that I would take the time to get organized. Rearrange the house and put everything where I think it is “supposed” to be. Yes, I like control.
- Find some new and interesting ways to spend time with the kids. I’m often tired and cranky with them and not so much a creative person so I could find some stuff to do with them that even I would find fun.
- Get our yard landscaped. Hubby tries so hard to keep up with it but we have a lot of trees and it’s a bit swampy and we have so many BUGS! I’d have people come everyday if I had to in order to be able to be outside longer than 2 minutes without being eaten alive.
- See some other moms more often. When the kids were little I did playgroups every week and chatted with other moms. Nowadays I’m lucky if I see them once a month at MNO.
- Learn a new skill. Maybe crochet or sewing or something. Hey, it could happen.
- EXERCISE! My excuses at that point would be harder to come up with so I would probably have to actually move my ass.
- Write more. Either blog or short stories or something. I like writing and although I don’t necessarily expect to be the next Richard Castle, it would be fun to see what I would come up with.
- Spend more time on social media. I have to admit I would Tweet and Facebook a ton if I had the time. It’s fun for me.
- Nap. Yes, I like my sleep and I would definitely have a daily afternoon nap.
- Get massages and manicures and pedicures and do all that “self-care” I am always told to make time for.
This post is part of Mama Kat’s Writer’s Workshop